Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Race for the Cure!


We had so much fun doing Race for a Cure this past weekend. I am always amazed at the amount of people who come out to support such a great cause. It really is such an awesome sight! Even Maddox sported his pink gear for the occasion. Maddox was pretty much in awe of all the pink balloons that were everywhere. He is very into balloons these days and doesn't usually understand why he can't just have a balloon if he sees one (which also makes going to Publix a challenge since it seems like there are balloons tied to every cash register). I think just about everyone finished the race except for me and Maddox. During the race, Maddox refused to ride in the stroller, refused to walk, and refused to let anyone hold him but me. And he is complete dead weight. We made it over a mile in before I decided there was no way I was making it the entire race with him on my hip, so we cut out and headed to the finish line to wait on everyone. And of course what's a good race without a good meal afterward, so we all went to Chick-fil-a and Maddox even had himself an ice cream cone courtesy of RaRa and Poppy. All in all a great time!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers