Wednesday, June 17, 2009

4 Month Check-up

Wow! It is so hard to believe that Maddox is already 4 months old. He is growing so fast! Even though it is hard to remember what life was like without him, it is just as hard to believe that he is already 4 months old. He is just growing and changing by the minute. We went for his check-up today and Dr. Harmon seemed to think that he was doing just great. He has some really good head control now and pretty much can hold his head up all the time. Dr. Harmon lifted him high up in the air on his stomach to see how he holds his head and he just loved that. He held his head up so high and just looked all around. I think he liked the view from up high. He also had to get four shots today in his little legs. That was the worst part, but he was brave and only cried for a few seconds. Once I was able to scoop him up and cuddle him, he was fine.

Today he weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz, which puts him right around the 45th percentile for boys his age. He had also grown 2 inches since last time and is now 25.5 inches long. Since he is gaining weight and is doing well, Dr. Harmon gave me the option to wait to start him on cereal. He said I can start him on it now or wait up until he is 6 months old. I will probably start him on it before 6 months, but we'll probably wait a little longer since he is sleeping well at night and since he seems to be getting everything he needs with just milk.

And speaking of sleeping well at night, Maddox is also sleeping in his big boy bed (also known as his crib) now. He sleeps upstairs in his own room and has done very well so far. I think it was harder for me to put him up there than it was for him. I missed having him by my bed that first night (and well I still do), but I think it's good for him to get used to sleeping in his own room. Blake usually brings him down to me in the morning though so we get a little snuggle time in before he eats breakfast. I may have given up having him sleeping by me, but I refuse to give up our snuggle time! He's my little snuggle-bug!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I remember the feeling of putting Tyler in his crib for the first time...I was so sad! And then Matthew came along and he was in his own bed after one night at home. How sad is that??? The first child will change you! I have to say that Mattox looks more like Blake to me in the new picture below. Whoever he looks like, he is still adorable! Hope you're enjoying your summer!

Lauren said...

And, yes, I know how to spell his name. As soon as I hit the publish button, I realized I spelled his name wrong. Sorry Maddox!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers