Thursday, February 19, 2009

Long Overdue Update

Okay, I am well aware that it has been WAY too long since I have updated last. I can't really say that it's because nothing has happened, but rather that I have just gotten a little lazy. Since I updated last we have had six fabulous baby showers.

The first one we had was in Mobile in November given my wonderful aunt and sister. It was so much fun! It was great seeing lots of friends and family that we hadn't seen in a while, and Maddox (yep, since I updated last we decided on a name: Maddox Blake Turner) got a ton of really cute stuff too.

Not too long after Christmas we had another shower up here in Birmingham. It was given by my sister-in-law and a couple of very good friends. They did such a great job--everything was perfect, which was no surprise to me. It was also a lot of fun and again, we could not believe how generous everyone was. Again, Maddox got so many great things we know he will love playing with (and many things that his mommy loves too).

Not too long after we had a shower at Blake's work. Again, you would not believe how generous everyone was! All we could think, was where are we going to put everything! It really is amazing to see how many things babies need! And within the past month my wonderful coworkers and friends and have done several things for me (and Maddox). My bunko group surprised me with a book shower at our February get together, and my fabulous orange hall friends at school organized a get together for me (that was actually today) that was a lot of fun. My room moms and students also threw me a diaper shower at work too. We have so many diapers and wipes that we should be set for a long time.

We are so so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Everyone has shown us so much love and support as we await little Maddox's arrival. We could not ask for more! Please check out the slideshow of pictures from some of our showers!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers