Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Starting to walk, no more bottles, and new pictures!

Yesterday was a pretty big day for Maddox. He finally walked hands free for the first time. Sally said he was pretty much walking across the room holding onto his little blankie. Of course when I picked him up he wouldn't do it for me and he wouldn't do it last night or tonight either, but hopefully he will show me soon. I'm sad I missed it but I'm sure he will do it again for me in his own time. He did take a few steps for me, but after that he did not want to cooperate any longer. Yesterday was also our first bottle-free day. I was afraid to completely take him off the bottle because he is so obsessed with it, but it was actually quite successful. For the past week and a half or so he has been taking his milk with breakfast and lunch in a sippy cup and I have been holding off cutting out that last bottle for fear that he wouldn't do well at night without it, but I was wrong. Last night and tonight at dinner he drank his milk down in his cup easily and he went to bed no problem. Hopefully this will last!

On another note, Maddox's one year pictures are up. They turned out pretty cute, but what's not to love about a little one shoving cake in his face? Here is the link if you want to check them out: http://melissahardin6013.zenfolio.com/p592166146.

1 comment:

AFlurry said...

I love his 1 yr pics & his precious outfit! Melissa used to work with me 'til she left to pursue the photographer career...small world!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers