Saturday, September 12, 2009

Baptism

I think it's about time for a long overdue update on my sweet little Maddox. Things have been rather hectic since I started back to work, and I haven't given myself much time to update the blog, but I am hoping to change that soon. I mentioned before that Maddox was baptized not too long ago. His gown also turned out great and he looked so handsome! I was very happy with it...for a while there, I thought it was going to kill me, but I am so glad that I did it because it is so much more special to me now.



His baptism took place on August 2nd at the 11:00 mass at Holy Infant. Maddox was so well behaved during the whole service. He just sat on my lap and looked around the whole time. When it was time for him to be baptized he did great, except he got a little upset at one point. Father Bill got a little carried away with the holy water and some of it ran all into his eyes, which of course upset him, but once I got him upright he was perfectly fine. Uncle Scott and Aunt Jess stood with him as his godparents and we are so grateful that they accepted that role in his life. Maddox loves them both very much!


We were so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family come to share Maddox's special day with us. We all went back to our house afterwards for lunch and it was so nice to spend time with everyone. We appreciate everyone coming to show your love and support for Maddox. We also want to thank everyone for the sweet gifts you gave to Maddox. They were completely unnecessary, but will be treasured keepsakes. Maddox is so blessed to have so many people in his life that love him unconditionally.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers