Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Morning!

Well you know you had a good night's sleep when you wake up in this kind of mood:



Maddox slept through the whole night again, which is very exciting for mommy and daddy! He slept from around 11:00 until about 6:30 and when he woke up he was just as happy as could be. He only woke up a little fussy once during the night in need of his pacifier (and a diaper change) but went right back to sleep. For the past couple of weeks he has cut back to one feeding during the night and now for the fourth night in a row he has gone to no middle of the night feeding. I hope he keeps this up!

Funny story about this morning though. After he played in his bed for a while, I picked him up a little after 7:00 to feed him. As he's eating, he pauses for a second and proceeds to do what he does best...explosive poopy that is). I'm thinking to myself, wow that's a really warm sensation on my leg. So I lift him up only to find that he must have been wearing a malfunctioning diaper because there is poopy (and no, calling it a cute name does not make it any less gross) all over him and all in my lap. I told him it's a good thing he's so cute because that was one disgusting mess (and you know what I'm talking about if you've ever seen a breastfed baby's dirty diaper). Anyways I now have my clothes, his clothes, blankets, and burp cloths all soaking in the wash. It was a good and happy morning, but a messy one too!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Your baby is sooo freakin' cute!!! I love the video of him! He seems so much older than two months. Hope you are all doing well!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!I remember Niki did it all over the wall and changing table while I was changing her one time. It is pretty gross, but it is so much easier to deal with when they are cute. He is precious!! Pam Shepard

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers